Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 75 of 75

Thread: Democratic Primary?

  1. #71
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    [ QUOTE ]
    whats the deal with all of the dates spudsmac, that almost looks like you did some research and those almost look like facts....you can't use facts when your debatin politics. i'm still wet behind the ears but even i know that.

    [/ QUOTE ] BINGO- people hate me cause I draw my own conclusions- [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I found the guy that was out of office in the Iraq nuke scandal from right here in good ole living room Wise County, before it made the press.

  2. #72
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    For one I have no idea who Indian Dad has criticized at Red Onion or for what reason.

    I've never commended anyone who avoided service. All I said was it would have been better if Kerry would not have served at all. His actions did more harm than good. Many POW's singled out his testimony as a reason for the increase in the torture tactics used by the Viet Kong citing that immediately after the hearings they became more brutal with the treatment of American POW's.

    The old line about if you question the President you are a terrorist is getting old and to be honest seems quite childish. Has the President ever said if you question him then you are a terrorist?


  3. #73
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    Never commended anybody who avoided service? So what exactly is Dubya?

    His actions did more harm than good. Many POW's. Ok well I guess you have researched this. It's amazing, heard about Jane Fonda as long as I can remember, but John Kerry was actually the snake, it just was all covert until he ran for President, then all these groups came out to attack him. It'a amazing the man ever was able to run for an office since so many people were hurt by him that they made sure everybody knew how horrible he was immediately...or not.

    Has the president ever said if you question him are you a terrorist? Not in those exact words, just that you're either wish us or you're with the terrorists. Now by that logic, if you aren't with his choices or his beliefs, what are you? I'm sorry, its not that big of a leap.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    I never commended G.W. for that. He should have went no matter who his daddy was. Same for Bill.

    Ofcourse I researched it...otherwise I wouldn't have made the statement. Did I go talk to all the P.O.W's that said this? No, same as you I get most of my info from various news reports, media outlets and online resources. As far as all this coming out right at the time he ran for President? Nope...he was on the FBI's watch list in the 70's before he ever ran for office...its just that nobody cared so much until he did actually run for president.

    As far as the old line about if you question him you're a terrorist, yes it is a very big leap, in fact I doubt its one that even Neil Armstrong could make...you are just reading more into some of his statements than what common sense should allow. When he says if you are not with us you are against us I don't believe he means that if you question him on his policy then you are automatically against America. Its like a Clintwood fan that doesn't agree with Rick Mullin's play calling. Just because you think he should have ran on 3rd and 3 instead of passed doesn't mean you don't want Clintwood to win does it? But if you go on the opposing team's sidelines and put on Haysi red then yeah Rick would probably say you crossed the line. I believe the only people Bush is talking about is those who do not want America to win. He hasn't ordered any Democratic senators that I know of to be imprisoned or excommunicated has he? He hasn't ordered the Air Force to drop any bombs on Micheal Moore's house that I know of. But if Ted Kennedy comes in to work on monday burnin flags with an Al-Queda t-shirt on chanting down with America then yes I think we could all agree he crossed the line. Its just a matter of common sense.

  5. #75
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    Excerpts from a PM:

    I don't try to change anyones views...rocketeer means well he just lets his emotion override his logic sometimes. I used to vote mainly democrat when I was younger but like I said before I didn't leave the party...the party left me. I still agree in principle with the democratic vision of the economy and health care but the party has moved so radically to the left on so many moral issues that it scares me quite frankly. I'm afraid I will wake up one morning and the entire country will be up in flames reminiscent of sodom and gomorrha if this keeps up, lol. I want my son to grow up in the same America that my parents grew up in where christian moral values still meant something. I also think the democratic leadership is pretty much clueless when it comes to national security...all you hear from them is "they're taking away our civil rights"...they tend to forget that the #1 and first civil right the constitution speaks of is the right to LIFE. The republicans seem to be much more worried about that supreme right than the left wing liberals who seem to be more worried about someone reading one of their emails or somebody confiscating their KY jelly at the airport...makes me laugh its so riduculous.

    Democrats need to focus on getting the party back closer to the center to gain back some moderate votes(like mine) instead of alienating the entire heartland, south, cowboy country, nascar nation, country music nation, and rural areas of this country like they have recently when they turned all of those formerly blue states to a deep dark shade of red. I would love to see the moderate democrats get their party back...it would be good for the country.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •